So you’re getting ready to sell your New Jersey home and keep seeing stuff about cash house buyers continuing to pop up around you. But what is that all about? Selling a property takes time, money, and effort, whether you sell with an agent or by owner. Now more than ever, there are more options to sell your home, some being better than others. Before you make a decision, you should find out the real deal on cash house buyers in New Jersey; you may discover you don’t want to sell your house any other way.
Cash House Buyers In New Jersey
What is a Cash House Buyer?
You may have seen their bandit signs around town posted on street corners and electrical poles that say “We Buy Houses” well, that is a cash house buyer. Cash house buyers have several names: cash home buyers, cash investors, and real estate investors are all other names for a cash house buyer. A cash house buyer usually consists of one investor or a small group of buyers that purchase houses for cash. Because they buy properties with cash, a house buyer can close on a home quicker than a traditional buyer could since they don’t have to wait on bank financing. Cash house buyers usually purchase real estate to either fix up and resale or hold onto as a rental property.
Who are the Cash House Buyers in NJ?
Several cash house buyers in New Jersey purchase homes in the area. Some are well known and are a part of a big investor network that buys and sells in several markets. They usually use local franchises to conduct market campaigns. Other cash house buyers are small local professional home buying companies like Halo Home Buyers who purchase homes in the New Jersey area. Usually, the local cash house buyers have ties to the area or live in the community. The easiest way to find a local cash house buyer is to do an online search. That way, you can check out reviews and their website to make sure you are working with a real person.
How is a Cash House Buyer Different From an Agent?
Cash house buyers are involved with real estate transactions just like an agent, except unlike the agent, a cash house buyer is purchasing your home. A realtor is a licensed real estate agent, and usually, cash house buyers are not. An agent’s role consists of listing your home, marketing it, showings and open houses, paperwork, and contracts, finding a buyer, negotiating, and coordinating the closing. For a cash house buyer, they are the buyer, and they help handle the closing. Besides that, the need for an agent in a cash buyer transaction is eliminated. You wouldn’t need to list your home since you’re selling directly to a home buyer, you may have one showing, and marketing isn’t necessary since you already found a buyer. The only things you would need to handle on your own are possibly negotiating, a little paperwork, and being there for the closing. In a cash home buying transaction, an agent is unnecessary, saving you 6%+ in realtor commissions. Most cash house buyers don’t charge commissions and even help pay towards closing costs. Do you know a realtor who does that?
How Does Their Process Work?
The process is pretty simple when it comes to working with a cash house buyer. The first step is contacting the house buyer you would like to work with. Usually, they ask for your address and general information about your property you would like to sell. Once you share that information, they may ask you to do a property walk through either by video or schedule a visit with you. Remember, when working with a cash house buyer, they purchase homes in as-is condition, so don’t worry about making repairs or renovations; they can handle that. Once they have viewed the property, they will run a property analysis and then present you with a fair cash offer. When you accept the offer, you can choose a closing date that works best for you and your schedule.
Things to Look Out For
There are a few things to look out for when finding a cash house buyer in New Jersey to work with. Unfortunately, there are scam artists out, but there are a few ways you can prevent dealing with one. Here are a few things to look for that tell if you’re working with a reputable cash house buyer.
- See if they have a website and visit it. Usually, a good cash house buyer has a website and a picture of the investor or group of investors you will be working with.
- Check out their reviews, see what their Google reviews are, and read the reviews. Some reviews can be fake people, make sure what you’re reading sounds like a real person wrote it.
- Visit their social media pages. A good cash house buyer has several social media pages, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, just to name a few. When you go to their social media pages, make sure they have posts and respond to people.
- Look up their business on Better Business Bureau. This is a great way to see if the cash buyer you’re about to work with is legit. Ideally, when a professional home buying company is an accredited business with the BBB, they are a reputable company. After finding them in your search, check their rating score and any customer reviews; customer complaints will be noted here too. You can also see how long they have been in business; ideally, you want to work with someone that’s been in business for several years.
- Check out what they claim to do on their website, like pay in cash, close on your time frame, buy as-is. When you set up a time to talk, make sure all they offer online is what they offer you over the phone, and then make sure they will put it in writing. A reputable cash house buyer will follow through on their agreement with you and will have these things noted in their contract between the two of you.
- Make sure they use a licensed title company in New Jersey to close on your property.
- Most importantly, make sure they are a local company willing to work with you, answer any questions, and put everything in writing.
When you find a home buyer that meets all the criteria listed above, you have found a reputable cash house buyer in New Jersey!
Top Cash House Buyers in NJ
There are several top cash house buyers in New Jersey, but the one that has made the top of our list is Halo Home Buyers. They pass the reputable cash house buyer questions with flying colors.
Halo Home Buyers has been in business for nine years and has an A+ rating with the BBB. They provide honest solutions for their customers and adhere to three key principles: people, service, and integrity. Besides that, Halo Home Buyers purchases houses in as-is condition, making repairs and renovations unnecessary. They don’t charge real estate agents fees and even pay closing costs. They purchase homes in any condition, for any reason with any challenge. They can provide solutions for people facing foreclosure, bankruptcy, divorce, probate, code violations, large liens, hoarding, major repairs, and many more.
If you’re interested in getting a free estimate for your home today or to find out how it works visit their website or give them a call. Our team is ready to help you! We look forward to being your cash house buyer in New Jersey.